|As a native XML database system,OrientX has the following features:
- schema-dependant. Schema information is required for manipualtions
such as creating dataset,importing document,data retrieving and so forth.
Schema is also utilized to validate the input data and improve the query
- A native proprietary storage is developed. The OrientX store XML data
in its native tree structure, according to the XML data model, and support
element-based and subtree-based granularities.
- Use XPath/XQuery for its query language to retrieve XML data.
- Support value index and path index to facilitate query processing.
- Provide an implementation of API for C/C++ development.
- New features in OrientX3.5 [Download your copy]
In version 3.5 of OrientX, we add some important features:
1. Support W3C XQuery/Update
2. A set of programming API
3. Query optimization (especially in physical optimization )
4. A set of new GUIs (especially in the query plan and result visulization)
In old version 3.0 of OrientX, we have some important features [Details]:
1. New architecture
2. Support W3C XQuery/Update
3. A set of programming API
4. Schema is independent with dataset
5. A new GUI
In old version 2.5 of OrientX, we have some important features:
1. An adjustment to AccessManager and below modules for Access Simplicity
We can adopt different storage model for XML document in OrientX, some
take element as the basic storage unit, some take a sub-tree as the basic
storage unit. This feature may elevate the query performance, but also
introduce complexty in data access. In this adjustment, we introduce a
new unique class callded LogicalElement. LogicalElement is offered by
AccessManager to upper modules, it owns three main funtions:
a. Offer DOM.element like interfaces, support navigation in XML tree.
b. Given two LogicalElement atbitarily, we can tell if they are ancestor-descendant
c. Encapsulate implementation details be below storage model, to be the
unique interface of AccessManager.
2. An integrated and effient IndexManager module
The new implemented IndexManager integrated path index and value index
of XML data. Path index is an important feature of OrientX, as schema
is available for XML data in our system, we build path index instead of
node(label) index, which do much better support to efficient query execution.
All path and value indexes are both put into B+-Tree like structure for
fast looking up.
3. An algebra query engine for XQuery 1.0
Algebra processing is another processing method for XQuery. We develop
an algebra query engine based on XQuery Algebra "OrientXA".
In this algebra, we first extract query interested data from document
and put them input "Pattern Tree" structure, later, we adopt
algebra processing method to build the query result. Together with an
ealiar navigation XQuery engine, we offer an execellent experiment platform
for future research on XQuery processing.
- Min Xie, Xiaofeng Wang, Xin Zhang, Xiaofeng Meng, Junfeng Zhou, Ordered XPath Query Processing on XML Stream£¨Journal of Computer Research and Development, Volume43(Supplement), 2006.10, NDBC2006
- Xiaofeng Wang, Xin Zhang, Min Xie, Xiaofeng Meng, Junfeng Zhou£¨Keyword Search on XML Streams. Journal of Computer Research and Development, Volume43(Supplement), 2006.10, NDBC2006
- Xiaofeng Meng, Xiaofeng Wang, Min Xie and et al: OrientX: An Integrated,
Schema-Based Native XML Database System. Wuhan University
Journal of Natural Sciences,11(5):1192-1196, Nov., 2006.(The
Third Web Information System and Application(WISA2006),
Nanjing, Nov 3-5, 2006.)
- Xiaofeng Wang, Jianbo Ou, Xiaofeng Meng, and Yan Chen: Abox Inference for Large Scale
OWL-Lite Data. To appear in Proceedings of The 2th International
Conference on Semantics, Knowledge, and Grids(SKG2006), Guilin,
China, Oct. 31 - Nov. 3, 2006. (Regular paper 18%)
- Xiaofeng Meng, Yu Wang, Xiaofeng Wang, Research on XML query optimization,
Journal of Software, 17(10):2069-2086, Oct. 2006
- Yan Chen, Jianbo Ou, Yu Jiang, Xiaofeng Meng:HStar-a
Semantic Repository for Large Scale OWL Documents. In Proceedings
of the First Asian Semantic Web Conference (ASWC2006), page
415-428, Beijing, China, September 3-7, 2006. Lecture
Notes in Computer Science 4185, Springe.
(Full Paper 36/208=18%)
- Yu Wang, Xiaofeng Meng, Shan Wang, Using Histograms to Estimate the Selectivity of XPath Expression with Value Predicates. In Journal of Compuer Research and Development, Vol.43(2):288-294, 2006
- Jeffery Xu Yu, Daofeng Luo, Xiaofeng Meng, Hongjun Lu: Dynamically Updating XML Data: Numbering
Scheme Revisited, World Wide Web, Vol 8( 1):5-26, March, 2005.
- Haixun Wang, Xiaofeng Meng: On the Sequencing of Tree Structures for XML Indexing. In Processdings
of the 21st International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE
2005), pages 372-373, Tokyo, Japan, April 2005.
- Jing Wang, Xiaofeng Meng, Yu Wang, Shan Wang: Target node aimed path expression processing for XML data. In Journal of Software, 2005,16(5):827-837, 2005,5.
- Daofeng Luo, Xiaofeng Meng, Yu Jiang: Updating of extended preorder numbering scheme on XML. In Journal of Software, Vol.16(5):810-818, 2005.
- Jeffrey Xu Yu, Daofeng Luo, Xiaofeng Meng, Hongjun Lu, Dynamically Updating XML Data: Numbering Scheme Revisited, World Wide Web, Vol 8, No. 1, March, 2005.
- Xiaofeng Meng, Daofeng Luo, and Jianpo Ou£¨An Extended Role Based Access Control Method for XML Documents£¨Wuhan University Journal of Natural Sciences£¨2004£¨10
- Shichao Lu, Xiaofeng Meng, Can Lin, Yu Wang, Navigation implementation for XQuery in OrientX, Journal of Computer Research and Development, Volume41(10), 2004.10, NDBC2004
- Yu Wang, Xiaofeng Meng, Shan Wang, Schema Based Pattern Tree Semantic Optimization, Journal of Computer Research and Development, Supplement, Volume41(10), 2004.10, NDBC2004
- OU Jian-Bo, MENG Xiao-Feng, RSBAC: A Role-Schema Based Access Control for XML Data, Journal of CRAD, Vol.41 Supplement, Oct, 2004.
- Xiaofeng Meng, Yu Jiang, Yan Chen, and Haixun Wang. XSeq: An Index
Infrastructure for Tree Pattern Queries. In SIGMOD 2004, Paris, France
- Daofeng Luo , Xiaofeng Meng , Yu Jiang.Updating of Extended Preorder
Numbering Scheme on XML.To appear in Journal of Software. (in Chinese)
- Yu Wang, Xiaofeng Meng, Haixun Wang, Shan Wang , Estimating the Selectivity
of XML Path Expression with predicates by Histograms, to appear in WAIM
- Jing Wang, Xiao-Feng Meng , Shan Wang, Range Partitioning Based Structural
Join of XML Data, Journal of Software,15(5):720-729, 2004, 5
- Daofeng Luo, Ting Chen, Tok Wang Ling, Xiaofeng Meng: On View Transformation
Support for a Native XML DBMS. DASFAA 2004: 226-231
- Jing Wang, Xiaofeng Meng, Shan Wang: Integrating Path Index with
Value Index for XML Data. APWeb 2003: 95-100
- Yu Wang,Xiaofeng Meng,Shan Wang.Collecting and Computing Statistics
Information for XPath Complex Paths (Chinese).in National Database Conference(NDBC
- Xiaofeng,meng,Yu Wang,Daofeng luo,Shichao Lu,Jing an,Yan Chen,Yu Jiang,Jianbo
Ou.OrientX: A Native XML Database System (Chinese).in National Database
Conference(NDBC 2003),October 2003.
- Daofeng Luo,Xiaofeng Meng,Jing an.OrientStore£ļNative XML Storage
Strategy(Chinese).in National Database Conference(NDBC 2003),October
- Daofeng Luo,Xiaofeng Meng,Yu Jiang.Updating of Extended Preorder Numbering
Scheme on XML(Chinese). in National Database Conference(NDBC 2003),October
- Jing Wang,Xiaofeng Meng,Shan Wang.Target Node Aimed Path Expression
Processing for XML Data(Chinese).in National Database Conference(NDBC
- Xiaofeng Meng, Daofeng Luo, Mong-Li Lee, Jing An: OrientStore: A Schema
Based Native XML Storage System. VLDB 2003: 1057-1060
- Jing Wang,Xiaofeng Meng,Shan Wang.SUPEX A Schema-Guided Path Index
for XML Data.In Proc. of Very Large Database Conference(VLDB 2002),September
- Yu Wang,Xiaofeng Meng,Shan Wang.Computing Complex Path Expression
in OrientX.in National Database Conference(NDBC 2002),October 2002.